PlanTub quality wooden planters are hand-crafted from premium grade untreated Macrocarpa wood, one of the most sought after woods for outdoor use, as it’s a fine grained wood which is durable and naturally resistant to moisture, rotting and insects. Each PlanTub is finished to a professional standard. Available painted or stained.
Classic timeless designs, portable and incredibly strong and stable with better water retention than terracotta.
Multiple designs are available from classic to contemporary and modern in square planter boxes and rectangular troughs. Finished in classic Arctic White, Baltic Black, Forest Green (custom colours by request) or a natural oil stain.
We welcome enquiries for custom orders.
Sturdy hand-crafted construction built to last
- Constructed from hand selected premium grade untreated Marcrocarpa timber – locally sourced and sustainably produced.
- Solid square posts are joined to all frames with mortise and tenon joints, cross pinned with stainless steel pins for extra strength.
- Interlocking tongued and grooved side panels are glued into custom-machined channels in both posts and frames to create durable solid sides.
- All finials are integral to post structure for maximum strength and easy portability. The Classic Versailles inspired design features turned ball finial posts.
- Thick interlocking tongued and grooved base boards are glued in and secured with stainless steel pins to allow for maximum support with ample drainage holes.
- Quality 3 coat painted exterior finish using low sheen waterproof paint or natural oil stain.
- Insides coated with waterproof membrane for extra durability allowing planting directly into the boxes.
Planters either come with Standard or Large Scale Frames as per individual product descriptions based on size and structure required on larger items.